Well, here’s my first makeup post in awhile. It’s not going to be of me, as I have been recovering from a surgery and have not been doing too well, so I haven’t worn makeup in over a week. This post is of my beautiful mother. While I won’t disclose her actual age, I will give a slight hint that she just might possibly maybe be over the age of 50 (shh..don’t tell) However, I think that she looks much younger. When I discovered Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals almost 5 years ago, I got my mom started on it as well, and while she has not become an addict like myself, she does use it exclusively, and she looks beautiful wearing it. She doesn’t wear as much as I do, so my look that I did on her was fairly simplistic. Here’s what she has on:
- Well rested patted gently under the eyes with a maximum coverage concealer brush
- Fairly light foundation swirled, tapped, and buffed onto her face with the full flawless face brush (my other fave brushes to use for foundation include the full coverage kabuki brush and the handi buki brush), making sure to buff thoroughly as well as blending in the well rested that I had already applied
- Pure radiance swept lightly from the apple of the cheek and to the side of the face with the angled blush brush (any BE blush brush will do)
- Clear radiance used as a blush on the apples of the cheeks only with the angled blush brush. – I love this radiance, as it has a pinkish pearl shimmer to it that is beautiful alone or over top another blush.
- Just a hint of warmth placed on the apples of the cheeks for a bit of color
- Original mineral veil swept all over with the full flawless face brush to blend everything together. (I made sure to go easy over the cheek area to avoid taking away too much color)
- Dark blond/medium brown eyebrow shadow placed lightly over her brows to even them out
- Clear radiance swept lightly on the lids (she usually doesn’t wear eye shadow) – any BE eye brush would work just fine
- Nurture eyeshadow swiped lightly on the lower lash line with the heavenly liner blending brush (this is one of my favorite brushes for lining)
- flawless definition mascara
- Destiny buxom lip gloss on the lips
I believe that Bare Escentuals looks beautiful on women of all ages. Just because you are older doesn’t mean that you can’t wear a loose mineral foundation. Plus, Bare Minerals actually can improve your skin over time. It’s all in the technique of the application, and as the old saying goes, less is more.